I went shopping for my kids Easter baskets this week. They are beyond thrilled that the hoppity hoppity bunny is on his way! There is much bunny love going on at our house right now. Except for the fact that neither of them wants to actually go see the Easter bunny. Cracks me up! I get so excited living vicariously through them. Remember how fun holidays were when we were kids? I do. Easter was especially fun with all that yummy goodness I found in my basket!
Instead of mounds of chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, or marshmallow Peeps, I aim to live out a healthier Easter tradition with my kiddos. A bit different from the way we celebrated Easter as a kid. I try to be creative and avoid putting tons of candy in their baskets. They each get one chocolate bunny sucker and that’s pretty much it for sweets. Instead of sugary treats, I might bag up some healthy snacks or throw some organic fruit gummies in there. My kids love when they get little ‘gifts’ for Easter and they don’t even notice the amount of candy in their baskets is practically zilch.
- Organic Granola
- Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies*
- Organic Trail Mix
- Homemade oatmeal cookies
- Organic Raisins*
- Annie’s Gummy Bunnies*
- Dark chocolate covered pretzels or raisins
- Yummy Earth* lollipops, gummy bears, sour worms
Ideas for themed Easter baskets or Easter bags or Easter pails:
- Garden Basket- Fill the basket with all things gardening! Gloves, garden tools, seeds, small pots, sun hat, garden mat.
- Dress-up Basket- Fill it with a tu-tu and wings, superman shirt, batman mask, lady bug costume, etc.
- Outside Play Basket- Jump rope, chalk, jacks, beach gear, sunglasses, shovel and pal, sunscreen, etc.
- Arts and Crafts Basket- Paints, crayons, coloring books, art pads, markers.
- Doll Basket: You can buy a small doll or fill the basket with accessories for a doll your child already has. There are so many doll clothes, shoes, hats, bottles, and bags to choose from. If you have a daughter, you already know this.
- My Favorite Color Basket- Use your child’s favorite color for inspiration and fill, fill, fill!
- Sports/Hobby Basket- Chess lover, make-up artist, dancer, singer…endless possibilities.
- Book Basket- Your child’s favorite author and an array of new books to read.
There are countless ideas to make this Easter happy and healthy for your family! All you have to do is think outside the box!
What are you putting in your kids Easter baskets this year?
- Yummy Earth is certified organic, gluten-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, and has no chemical colors, artificial flavors, or high fructose corn syrup.
- Annie’s Gummy Bunnies are certified organic and made with 100% daily Vitamin C, no added preservatives, vegan, gelatin-free, gluten-free, and absolutely NO artificial colorings.
- Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies are non-gmo and no sugar added.
- Newman’s Own Organic Raisins are USDA certified organic and high in antioxidants.